Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'm trying to give my husband a hair cut...fading question.?

Ok. So I was trying to give him a not so high and tight but I ended up giving him a high and tight because I kept on getting the whole fading thing wrong. How do you fade hair? The bottom part is zero and then I went up from there...but now there is this line around the mid portion of the back of his neck and every time I manage to get rid of it I end up screwing up the fade so I have to cut it shorter.



Somebody just tell me how to do this correctly please. Be nice! There is no reason for you to be rude. And don't just tell me to go to the a barber shop because that isn't an option.



Thanks!



I'm trying to give my husband a hair cut...fading question.?

Wow I'm glad i'm not the only one who has had this problem. I thought I was crazy. Ok starting at the base of the neck and work up but do it in small pieces. If you try to do it evenly the first cut you'll get a line but cut small sections at a time. It might b a little rough the first time but practice makes perfect and if his hair is like my husbands it'll be back in two weeks. So if it gets to short shave it and let it grow out again. If I can do it anyone can...good luck!!!



I'm trying to give my husband a hair cut...fading question.?

fading is actually one of the hardest things to master in the hair world. It is easier to achieve if you use clipper over comb instead of a guard (I was never trained with guards so it is very weird for me to use them). I usually go to the skin around the ears and temple area and the nape up to the occipital bone and use a "scooping" method with my clipper on open from there on up almost to the parietal ridge, then clipper over comb the rest of the way up. None of this probably made sense to you if you are not a hairstylist and it is very very difficult to explain, and I know you said a barber isnt an option but if you want it to blended nicely go see a professional.



I'm trying to give my husband a hair cut...fading question.?

i assume you are using guards so start with the longest guard all over and then start working down from there in other words the next guard you use you start at bottom and take it up to where you want it,then do the same with the next size making sure you pull the clipper out towards you when you get close to where you want to end with that guard. i hope this helps, it's hard to explain to a novice

No comments:

Post a Comment