Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

Hi I am currently employed to Baker's Burgers Drive Thru. Its a fast food restaurant around the San Bernardino and Rivereside county. My hair is long but not long like a girls. From my opinion I dont even think its long at all. Well my manager has been telling me to get a hair cut for a while so when I do get a hair cut I tell that I got .5 inch taken off and she tells me she want at least an inch. She talked to me yesterday and she was all stupid about it and she was telling me if I dont get my haircut she doesnt want me to come in to work today and a whole bunch of other crap like saying that she doesnt want me to wear a hair net. So basically shes want to fire me. I was wondering If This was a good reason for her to fire me? What should I do? Im cosidering quitting the job what statement or reason for leaving should I write? Thanks any help needed...and please no stupid answers....



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

Unless it is a requirement of your employment conditions in writing then she cannot force you to cut your hair. Tell her that she cant make you and that if she continues you will have a harrassment suit lodged against her. If she tries to fire you for it then advise her you are consulting a lawyer about a wrongful dismissal case.



Take some legal advice if you can - however if you dont want the job then quit and let her know she is the reason you are leaving because of her poor people management skills.



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

Try getting a job at McDonalds. I heard they don't care if you put hair in the food.



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

Find out about your rights as an employee.



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

sounds like discrimination to me. If the girls can have long hair so can the guys. File a lawsuit against them.



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

She is really annoy but in the restauren you should get a haircut becuase your hair may fall into the food



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

I reckon it's reasonable for her to ask you to cut your hair if you work in a restaurant



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

if its stated in your company hand book then she could do it and say your being insubordinate... but if its not then talk to the coporate office and what not tell them your manager is harrassing you about 1inch of your hair..



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

Well... i am sure she is just concerened about what costumers will think about her employees and her. Talk to her politely and if she still wants u to get a haircut i think there is no harm, unless u end up looking ridiculous or if it ends up being really short. Try to compromise with her. AND DONT FORGET ABOUT BEING POLITE!



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

quit your job, the manager is UNFAIR.



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

I think you might do well to consider that an employer has every right to establish a uniform dress code which can define what is appropriate and inappropriate, including not only clothes but also hair length, piercings, facial hair and basically everything that has to do with what the customer will be presented with by a representative of the employer.



That being said, take a deep breath and try to be objective:



- do you generally like the job?



- is the pay fair for the job you do?



- are there other benefits to the job you enjoy? (close to home, like your coworkers, job duties are reasonable, etc.)



Now, would you have been okay getting more than 1/2 inch off your hair (which, seriously, is like nothing) if your manager had been more diplomatic and polite in the way she asked you?



If the majority of your unemotional, objective answers are 'yes', then I would suggest you take a deep breath, and go get your hair cut.



Being willing to compromise to keep your job doesn't make you less of a man - on the contrary, it demonstrates maturity, courage, and a real sense of your true identity - it's not about the length of your hair, it's how you respond to adversity, and if you're willing to rise above it rather than quit and run away.



Hope this helps, best to you.



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

You represent the company and they have the right to fire you if you do not meet their standards. You were warned and you basically blew it off. You need to change your attitude if you want to get a decent job.



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

i think that if girls are allowed to have long hair, then you should too. talk to the regional manager for the resturant, and let him/her know that you feel like you're about to get fired for something that is not fair.



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

Tell her that you want to see the employees handbook. If there is anything in it about hair length you will find your answer there.If you work directly with the public,You are representing the burger place.



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

It seems to me that after you took 5 in. off; she's looking for an excuse to fire you.



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

I dont think she has the right to fire you over your hair. All employees of a restaurant that are cooks are required to wear hair nets. Tell her that you will wear a hair net (if you are a cook) BUT that she doesnt have the right to tell you to cut your hair or else you are fired. DONT quit..... you may have legal grounds here and if you quit then you dont. Good Luck



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

Unless it is in your employee manual states a specific length, then no she has no grounds to fire you due to your hair. I would think in the fast food industry, you should wear a hair net if you work with food. so why would she crap about it? If she told you to take the day off however you may have just landed in the no call, no show department which now you really may have just lost your job.... Sounds like you have a crappy boss.



What to write on a application if you quit? Well, I think personal reasons would be acceptable or will tell at interview (if you are willing to talk about it).



Lose my job for not getting a hair cut.?

It is the food industry but if you are willing to wear a hairnet their shouldn't be a problem. Does she tell the girls that work there to cut their hair? I really think that she is being unfair to you. You did cut your hair it was her fault for not specifying how much she wanted you to cut it. Now if she wants you to do it again maybe she should pay for it? But, it really sounds like she's making an excuse to fire you. but if you need a reason to quit you can always say she is being unreasonable towards you personal style.

No comments:

Post a Comment