Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What's the worst hair cut or color experience you've had?

Mine was during puberty. You know, that age when your appearance doesn't matter to you at ALL. My hair was in really bad shape but I needed it to hide my face. I went to someone new and she cut it SHORT! My face was right out there. I was mortified.



What's the worst hair cut or color experience you've had?

It was in my high school, I saved up for ages to go and get my hair permanently curled. I have really long straight hair, it can get quite lank so I dreamed about waving it up a bit, just to add some volume.



So I went to the hairdresser and told them what I wanted. No prob, they said. So I sit down in the chair and the woman starts working on my hair. Now I have a MOUNTAIN of hair, so it took her ages to put it all into those tiny little plastic swirls (I don't know the English word for it - the thing that makes the curls).



Because she was using up so much time, she called her assistant so one of them did the right half of my head and the other did the left half of my head.



They put all the goo and chemicals and everything on and let me sit there for ages... then finally, the curl-things came off and revealed...



HORROR!!!



The right side of the head had long, loose curls because the woman didn't wrap the hair tightly enough, and the left side of the head had tiny, firm curls because the other one wrapped the hair very tightly!!



I looked like a total scarecrow! And it didn't go away for ages, either!



What's the worst hair cut or color experience you've had?

Went to get some highlights and she bleached it completely blonde.......I looked like Tracy Ulman!!



What's the worst hair cut or color experience you've had?

i asked the hair dresser when she was due her baby, she wasn't pregnant and u should have seen my hair



What's the worst hair cut or color experience you've had?

I never really had a bad haircut, but one time I offered to cut my brother's hair. I told him I knew exately what I was doing, which I didn't. I can't say I did my 'best', but I sure got a laugh!



What's the worst hair cut or color experience you've had?

Starjumper once cut my hair when we where kids. Didn't really matter what color it was!



Need I say more.



"DANGER"



Starjumper with scissors!



"DANGER"



What's the worst hair cut or color experience you've had?

3rd grade, wanted a shorter haircut than what I already had, the lady at Cost Cutters gave me a BOWL cut. I only wanted it to my shoulders! Not the top of my ears! And of course, I was too shy to say anything until she was done!



Not so good on an already self-concious 3rd grade girl.



What's the worst hair cut or color experience you've had?

My ex girlfriend many years ago was going to see her mother for the first time in years. She decided that I should cut here hair for her. No matter how much I tried to decline she insisted. At the time I was under the influence of various substances. Needless to say I put the scissors right through the lobe of her ear.



What's the worst hair cut or color experience you've had?

I got really mad at my husband and I woke up in the middle of the night and cut more than10 inches off my hair. Of course I had to go to a real hairdresser after that. And, I sent the hair to "Locks of Love."



What's the worst hair cut or color experience you've had?

The year was 1979, and I was a very self-conscious 6th grader. I am Asian-American -- this is relevant to what my hair ended up looking like, so bear with me.



My mom's friend was a hairdresser. I wanted a body wave so that I could have soft, lovely waves. I loved Valerie Bertenelli's hair, and I had even seen a picture of Debby Boone with a nice cut - always shoulder length, with big, soft curls.



Something went very wrong in translation. She gave me (and I sh*t you not), a Little Orphan Annie cut and perm. Tight curls, short, all over. Picture a chubby Asian girl with a 'fro. I started crying. To add insult to injury, my mom was furious and yelled at me for (she claimed) hurting her friend's feelings. Sucked all the way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment